In order to get ready for our district benchmark we did a lot of review. One of the things that we reviewed was contractions.
We used these little contraction crocodiles from Cara Carrol's Crazy for Contractions file.
We also played a cute little contraction memory game that I found over at Learning in Wonderland and you can it for free here from Caitlyn Taylor.
2. Dental Health
I'm cheating a little. I actually did these last week, but I wasn't able to share this cute little dental health craftivity.
I also found this over at Learning in Wonderland and the best part is that it is FREE! My students need to be able to write directions. What's better then starting with something they do every day, brushing their teeth!
3. St. Patrick's Day
I posted earlier this week that we were celebrating St. Patrick's Day a little early since we will be on spring break. I used, yet another FREEBIE!! This time it is from The Teacher Wife.
These two are some of my favorite. The top one is Tony Stark. He didn't quite understand that he was to write someone in his life that is special to him. He was extremely passionate about Tony Stark (Iron Man) that I let him have his fun. The second one is about me, but I love that she added that I make her laugh so much. I'm glad my students have as much fun as I do!!
I also posted earlier this week that I was planning on doing a measurement activity that i found on Pinterest.
5. Total Randomness
Today was a crazy crazy day, everything that could happen, did. Here is just a list of things that went on today...
- dropped my wallet on the ground (which holds my iphone as well oh yeah, it was raining too)
- forgot my umbrella
- forgot my classroom key, therefore I was locked out of my room all day and I had to rely on my BFF-teacher-neighbor to let us in through the connecting door
- got a new student (Not so annoying, but it was another boy. I have 6 girls and 15 boys!!)
- a kid threw up at the end of the day and it even got on our new carpet :-(
- rainy day today so the kids came in 10 minutes early while I was still prepping
- clear day and then down pour while walking to the buses